A child's birthday is always something special. So that you don't run out of ideas, we present 21 ideas here. You're sure to find something that's just right for your child and will make the day unforgettable.
Children's birthday party in a water park for water rats
For kids who can already swim well, a kids' birthday party at a water park is a great idea. What's more fun than water slides, maybe racing each other? You could organize games in the water or slide competitions. Our article about the most beautiful 13 water parks is sure to include a water park near you.
- California Acquapark Balerna and Aquaparc Le Bouveret offer a wide range of activities for children's birthday parties.
- The Säntispark Abtwil and Aquasplash Renens offer good group discounts.
- Free admission is available for birthday children to Aquabasilea in Pratteln, Swiss Holiday Park Morschach and Aquarena Schinznach Bad (in each case, the entire bathing world).
- At the Alpamare, children will find 12 slides. The water slide "Jungle Run" lets the children slide around the race. With 25,000 m² of bathing area, the Alpamare is the largest adventure pool in Switzerland.
- In the Splash and Spa Rivera Ticino you will find five sensational slides in a secured children's area, which have special light, sound and water effects.
- At Eau-là-là Davos, there is a CHF 2 discount per person for groups of 8 or more.
Cooking or baking party for a child's birthday
Invite your child's friends to cook simple dishes or bake cakes together. For example, they can make their own little pizzas. Cupcakes or muffins are decorated with lots of colorful Smarties. They can also be designed directly as unicorns, funny animals or pirates, the imagination knows no bounds.
If you do not have enough space for this at home, there are also cooking or baking studios that offer this or provide premises.
Llama and alpaca trekking for children's birthday party
Children are especially fond of these cute animals. In our article about llama and alpaca trekking in Switzerland you will find about 40 trekking providers.
Most of them also offer visiting afternoons for groups on their farms. So you can plan a short trekking or a visiting afternoon (or both combined) for a unique afternoon at your child's birthday party.
Children's birthday party in indoor play park
Spend the day with the kids at an indoor play park where they can let off steam. It doesn't always have to be bouncy castles, climbing frames and slides.
- The Swiss Holiday Park Morschach offers a program for children's birthday parties that offers you 7 different themes for a children's birthday party. Depending on the age group, a slightly different program is offered.
- The Happyland Zurich is very suitable for a children's birthday party with more than 20 slides, carousels, swings and games.
- In the Jump Factury Basel children's birthday parties are completely organized.
- The Indoor Rope Park in Grindelwald has courses for all ages and extra fun courses for children.
Bouncing trampoline at the children's birthday party
A trampoline area is perfect for a kid's birthday party, as it gives kids a chance to let off steam and channel their energy. Bouncing on the trampolines promotes physical movement and coordination, while at the same time the fun factor is high.
- The Trampoline Area in XStream Park is 800 m² and allows jumps up to 8 m high.
- The Kiddy Dome in Rohrbach has a 6000 m² indoor adventure world with 1000 m² trampoline hall, a jungle world with climbing frames, donut gliders, slides and a rope park. You can choose from different birthday packages and the mascots Jimmy and Bruno are always there.
- The Trampolino in Dietikon lets the birthday child in for free if he or she brings at least 6 other children (2-15 yrs.). A colorful table decoration is also available.
- The Trampoline Park Aarau offers combination packages for the children's birthday.
- At the BounceLab in Zurich or Berne, it's best to book the Birthday Jump offer. With 6 guests the birthday child is free.
Children's birthday party at the zoo, animal park or wildlife park
To experience a visit to the zoo and to be allowed to take along the best friends is probably a dream of many a child. Surely there is also a zoo or animal park near you where you can guide the children.
- At the Zurich Zoo, teams of volunteers take care of the children on their birthday.
- At Basler Zolli, there are 5 themed activities and Zvieri for the kids. They are allowed to eat their Zvieri in places in the zoo where they would not otherwise go.
- At the Walter Zoo Gossau (SG) the children experience an explorer - children's birthday party.
- The Bern Zoo offers an age-appropriate program at Dählhölzli.
- In John's little farm in Kallnach children's birthday parties are also organized.
- Also suitable for children's birthday parties is the Postenlauf für Kinder durch den Basler Zolli.
Children's birthday party crafts
Set up a creative craft station where kids can make their own artwork. For example, they can paint T-shirts, create Fimo figures or make masks. Workshops for the slightly older kids such as pottery, painting or jewelry sculpting also go over well. The children create their own works of art and are allowed to take them home.
Alternatively, you can book a creative workshop here:
Have a technical experience at the children's birthday party
Kids can fly in the wind tunnel or climb the Matterhorn in a virtual climbing experience. A unique experience for all! Such experiments surprise the children and let them experience unique adventures at the same time.
- In the Windwerk children's birthday parties are organized, with a flight in the wind tunnel followed by a cake including a decorated table.
- At the Museum of Transport Lucerne, children (12 years and older) can virtually climb the Matterhorn or fly on the Icarus.
- The Technorama organizes children's birthday parties with surprising experiments and exciting experiences.
A magician for the children's birthday party
A magic show as a highlight of a child's birthday party is a fantastic idea that will be remembered for a long time. Magic appeals to children's sense of wonder and allows them to immerse themselves in a world full of wonders and surprises. Imagination and creativity are stimulated, and they are inspired to question the limits of what is possible. In addition, such a show also provides interaction. Many magicians involve the birthday child and their guests in their performances, which adds a personal touch to the experience and boosts children's confidence.
Theme party for kids birthday party
Choose a specific theme like pirates, superheroes or princesses and design the party accordingly. The kids can come dressed up, play games and participate in activities that fit the theme. You can also combine such a theme party with a visit from a magician or clown.
Cinema afternoon at the children's birthday party
Set up a "mini movie theater" for the kids and let them watch the movie of their choice. Provide popcorn and snacks to complete the movie experience. It's great for a kid's birthday party because you can create a cozy and family atmosphere. The kids can watch exciting movies together, enjoy delicious popcorn and feel like they are in the cinema. It also allows you to customize the movie selection to the kids' tastes while providing a safe and familiar environment.
Alternatively, you can visit a children's cinema with the kids:
Go to the circus for a child's birthday party
Circus performances offer a colorful variety of activities that capture children's attention and arouse their curiosity. Moreover, such events are interactive. Children can join in, applaud and actively participate, which gives them a special experience.
Book a clown for kids birthday party
A clown for your kid's birthday party is a fancy idea. Clowns are funny and entertaining. They make children laugh and create a happy atmosphere. It stimulates children's imagination and gives them an unforgettable time full of magic and fun.
On the children's birthday craft or paint with chocolate
On the children's birthday, the little artists can get creative and tinker or paint with chocolate. This not only creates colorful works of art, but also sweet treats that can be decorated and enjoyed at the same time. If you'd rather have this organized outside your home, here are a few ideas:
- At the Chocolarium Flawil, pouring courses are offered. For a children's birthday party, a minimum of 6 children is charged.
- The Maison Cailler offers children's birthday parties for 10 children.
- The House of Läderach has a flat rate for up to 12 people.
- At the Atelier Chocolat at Technorama, a maximum of 16 people can attend.
Karaoke party for kids birthday party
Let the kids sing their favorite songs and conduct a fun karaoke session. This is a fun and interactive activity that will get the kids excited. Through singing and dancing, kids can express their creativity and boost their self-confidence. Moreover, a karaoke party promotes social interaction as kids can have fun together and share their favorite songs.
Creative treasure hunt at a children's birthday party
Organize an exciting treasure hunt in the backyard or park. Put together creative tasks and clues that the kids will have to solve to find the treasure. During the treasure hunt, kids will be challenged to use all their skills as they go through different stations and solve tricky tasks to get the next clues.
If you lack ideas for this, you can book ready-made treasure hunts for kids and get them sent to you by email:
Book an Escape Game or Escape Room for a child's birthday party
As an alternative to doing the treasure hunt yourself, you could book an Escape Game or Escape Room nearby for slightly older children. The Escape Game or Escape Room offers young adventurers the opportunity to use their detective skills in an interactive scenario to solve puzzles, crack codes and find clues. This type of activity not only encourages critical thinking and collaboration among children, but also creates an exciting and fun atmosphere.
Painting contest for the guests of the children's birthday party
Children love to paint. A painting contest promotes children's creative skills and stimulates their imagination. Small prizes are best for everyone. You can perfectly combine this painting contest with reading a story or a fairy tale aloud. This way you help them use objects or situations from the story for their picture. The children can show their creative skills and create colorful masterpieces.
Shoot fun photos at the children's birthday party
Polaroid cameras quickly deliver the most amazing portraits. To provide the birthday child with a nice and lasting memory, the children take photos of each other. The photos are pasted into a small album and each child writes a sentence or two about their own photo. At the end, you can scan the finished album pages to give each guest a small digital keepsake.
Mini Olympics for kids birthday party
Plan different sports activities like sack races, egg races and relay races for the kids. Organize a small "Olympics" with medals as prizes. Sometimes nearby sports facilities can be used.
Sports activities at the children's birthday party
The adventure and wellness pool KSS Schaffhausen also offers great experiences for a children's birthday party in winter. In the period from October to March, the outdoor area of the bath becomes an ice park. Here you can play curling with the kids on various ice fields.
Minigolf is also wonderful for a children's birthday party. It is a fun and active outdoor activity that is accessible to children of all ages. The varied courses and fun challenges encourage children's hand-eye coordination and spatial thinking. In addition, miniature golf provides a social and community atmosphere that makes the birthday a memorable experience.
- Purple Disc Golf is a new popular type of golf played in company. It is perfect for a children's birthday party of school children.
Any kind of ball game is a popular diversion for children, even on a children's birthday party. This can be in your own backyard or other suitable place nearby to digest the birthday cake well.
To the museum on a child's birthday
A museum that is perfect for a kid's birthday party is the Museum of Transport in Lucerne. Here you can spend as much time as you like. It certainly won't be boring. Besides the Hans Erni Museum, you'll find a Media World, a Planetarium, a Movie Theater and a Chocolate Adventure.
The Ballenberg Open Air Museum is also great for kids of all ages. Lots of historical attractions and exciting activities await you.
The Heidi Village is the original location of the famous film version of the Heidi story. The goats of Geissenpeter are still there today and everything is furnished in the style of 1880.
These are our 21 tips for the children's birthday. We hope that one or two of them will help you make the birthday a very special day for your child. Don't forget to consider the birthday child's interests and preferences when choosing activities to make sure it's a day to remember.